'Dust Devil' C5 / 7" / 10"Release Date 11/05/2009
Madness are back! 'Dust Devil' is the brilliant first single taken from the amazing forthcoming album 'The Liberty Of Norton Folgate'. The 'Dust Devil' video is being directed by the legendary Adam Smith who as well directing 'Skins' has directed cult videos for The Streets, Chemical Brothers, Goldie Lookin Chain and Wiley. The video will feature Jamie Winstone and Alfie Allen.
'Ciao!' CD / 3LP Release Date 11/05/2009
Musical aesthete, superstar DJ, fashion icon and underground idol Tiga is ready to refresh your palette with a collection of tunes aimed at your heart, your head and very often at your feet. 'Ciao!' includes the single 'Shoes', with mystery guest vocalist, club bangers 'What You Need' and 'Mind Dimension 2' which will send you in to orbit and is countered by the ten minute modern disco extravaganza entitled 'Love Don't Dance Here Anymore', a future classic. Collaborations on the album come from Soulwax, Jesper Dahlback, Gonzales, Jori Hulkonnen, Jake Spears and James Murphy. The triple vinyl comes with extended mixes for the dancefloor, whereas the CD comes with a 28 page booklet.
'Wooden Arms' CD / Ltd LP Release Date 11/05/2009
**The LP Strictly Limited to 500 Copies so Out Requests ONLY** Written during a Montreal winter and recorded in Montreal and Iceland, Patrick Watson's 'Wooden Arms' cements him in the territory between serious composer and indie pop artist, with stage charisma to spare. Watson produced the album with his band, bassist Mishka Stein, drummer Robbie Kuster, and guitarist Simon Angell. His last album 'Close to Paradise', which All Music Guide called "entrancing," sold over 100,000 copies worldwide. 'Close to Paradise' won Canada's prestigious Polaris Prize in 2007, beating out offerings from Arcade Fire and Feist, among others. Often compared to Jeff Buckley and Andrew Bird, Watson studied jazz and classical piano in his early years. The band's compositions span expansive chamber pop and beguiling indie-folk, with an unerring ear for melody and texture. Watson and his band created the album's fascinating orchestrations, which include not just the usual instrumental suspects but violin, cello, marimbas, pedal steel, harp, tree branch, plunger, megaphone, and drawers. Whether it's the bicycle-city sound of 'Beijing', or the country evocation of "a hole in the wall" on 'Big Bird In A Small Cage', or the haunting European waltz of the title track, 'Wooden Arms' can be interpreted as the story and sound of a band waking up in strange places; they spent two years on the road after 'Close to Paradise' came out.
'Quicken The Heart' CD / 2D / LP Release Date 11/05/2009
**The CD/DVD set is Strictly Limited to 2000 Copies so Out Requests ONLY**
One of the UK's most beloved bands return with a powerful, urgent record packed with future hits – also available as a deluxe limited edition. Maximo Park are back with their breathtaking new album 'Quicken The Heart', following multiple Top 20 hits, a Number 2 album and a Mercury nomination. Produced by Nick Launay [Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Yeah Yeah Yeahs], 'Quicken The Heart' is an exceptional album; at times fast-paced and dark ['Wraithlike'] yet also reflective and spacious ['I Haven't Seen Her In Ages', 'Tanned'] and packed with potential hits. The album is available on CD, LP and a limited edition CD + DVD (strictly limited to 2000 copies), which includes 'Monument', a spectacular 68 minute tour film taken from their sold-out headline show at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, featuring several of their hits performed live as well as backstage footage, housed in a separate case to the album and packaged in a foil embossed slipcase.
'Tales Of A Kleptomaniac' CD / 3LP Release Date 11/05/2009
Gallic legend Laurent Garnier sits effortless amongst those few, blending techno, deep house, drum n bass and jazzy funk with total ease. Only a very small handful of DJs and producers have the ability to transcend all styles and genres, rising above fleeting trends and cliques creating their very own sonic landscapes. Laurent Garnier is one of them. His latest opus 'Tales of a Kleptomaniac' pushes his already vast musical boundaries further than ever before, showcasing a devilish diversity that has made him one of dance music's greatest assets. From the album's opening track, Laurent takes no prisoners with block party chants, handclaps, thundering 808s, lilting horns, screaming guitars, cut up vocals, tribal percussion, film noir soundtrack vibes, huge drums, crushing bass and laidback twisted jazz flavours. The CD album has an Opendisc application that gives buyers an extra full 55 minutes of original unreleased music composed by Laurent. The 3LP features DJ friendly long versions of the tracks and a download code to get the album free digitally.
'History Elevate' 2CD Release Date 11/05/2009
Respected & acknowledged as one of the three Detroit Techno innovators, Kevin Saunderson is a legend in his own right who helped to reshape the future of Dance music as we know it today. To celebrate his mammoth 20 years' worth of musical genius, KMS and Fabric Recordings join forces and unleash a retrospective of Kevin Saunderson's work with brand new compilation 'History Elevate', featuring a heavyweight selection of Kevin's classics. This hefty package features remixes from the maestro himself on CD1, with tracks from Cerrone, Pet Shop Boys and Octave One, plus his first ever remix, for Wee Papa Girl Rappers' 'Heat It Up' , among many other jewels. This journey through Kevin's incredible musical history also features some of his own penned hits, including some Inner City gems, all remixed by top producers including Luciano, Carl Craig, Simian Mobile Disco, Claude Von Stroke and many more. 'History Elevate' is a must have retrospective collection for any proclaimed Kevin Saunderson and dance music fan alike. Springboarding to present day, Kevin continues to tour the world and has been busy remixing many a dancefloor hit over the past two years, penning reworks including Simian Mobile Disco's 'Hustler', Claude Von Stroke's 'Who's Afraid Of Detroit?', Hercules And Love Affair's 'You Belong' and The Presets' 'This Boy's In Love', among others.
'Wonderlands' CD Release Date 11/05/2009
"There are few former plumbers from Leicester whose blue-collar rock recalls The Boss. But then Jersey Budd is a truly singular talent" – The Observer Music Monthly. The first fan funded UK record release, Jersey Budd has been described as the new Springsteen / Dylan / Weller, and The Sun and Absolute Radio newspaper are backing him big time.
Until The Earth Begins To Part' 7" Release Date 11/05/2009
"We're trying to do something different. People forget that music doesn't have to be just bass, guitar and drums. It can be just as loud and exciting with glockenspiel and trumpet" – Broken Records. Broken Records are set to release new single and title track to forthcoming debut album 'Until The Earth Begins To Part' on 4AD Records. The group, who formed in Edinburgh at the end of 2006, have already been tipped for greatness by publications as diverse as NME, Q, Clash and Drowned in Sound. A series of three independently released singles released in 2008 led NME to call them "an incredible proposition – set to go stellar as soon as they decide on a lucky label to sign to". 'Until The Earth Begins To Part' in all its impassioned, multiinstrumented glory is indicative of the band's grander, greater sound. Wrapping its big arms around you like an old friend while simultaneously rushing at you with a sound so distinctively new and powerful.
THREE DOG NIGHT
'Three Dog Night' / 'Suitable For Framing' 2-on-1 CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* These two albums were originally released in 1969 on the Stateside-Dunhill Record label. The band took their name from an Australian expression describing low nocturnal temperatures in the outback (the colder the night, the more dogs needed to keep warm while sleeping). * From 1969-1974, thanks to the vocal harmonies of Danny Hutton, Chuck Negron and Cory Wells and an ear for quality material, Three Dog Night was a very popular band in America with 21 consecutive Top 40 hits, 18 straight Top 20s, 11 x Top 10s, 7 x No.1s, 7 million-selling singles and 12 Gold LPs. By late '75, they had sold nearly 50 million records. * Harry Nielson's 'One' opens the first LP here and reached No.5 in the US singles chart (later versions of this album were called 'One' to ride on the popularity of the song). * Suitable For Framing contains two Top 10 hits: 'Easy To Be Hard' (US #4), from the rock musical Hair, and 'Eli's Coming' (US #10), written by Laura Nyro. The track 'Celebrate' was a US #15 hit, and a version of the Elton John/Bernie Taupin song 'Lady Samantha' was also a hit single for Three Dog Night.
'Cressida' / 'Asylum' 2-on-1 CD Release Date 04/05/2009
*Originally released in 1970 and 1971 respectively on the Vertigo 'spiral' label (Polydor's progressive rock imprint). Original copies are extremely rare, commanding prices in the collectors' market of over £100 (GBP) each. * Cressida were a British art rock band formed at the end of the 1960's, with a sound not dissimilar to the Moody Blues. They combined a heavy organ and Mellotron sound (courtesy of keyboard player Peter Jennings) with vocalist Angus Cullen's singing. * Their self-titled debut is filled with hauntingly beautiful melodies and straightforward, accessible song structures. * 'Asylum' was produced by Australian Ossie Byrne, known for his production work on the first Bee Gees album.
EDDIE BOYD AND HIS BLUES BAND
'Eddie Boyd and His Blues Band' CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* Edward Riley Boyd was born on Frank Moore's Stovall Plantation, Mississippi in 1914. Teaching himself to play piano and guitar, he moved to Memphis in 1936 where he played on Beale Street with his band the Dixie Rhythm Boys. Hoping to record, Boyd left Memphis for Chicago in 1941 where he worked in the city's blues joints with Johnny Shines, Sonny Boy Williamson and Muddy Waters, and played in the recording studio regularly. * In 1952 Eddie achieved his greatest success with 'Five Long Years', '24 Hours' and 'Third Degree' all becoming hits within a twelve month span. * Boyd journeyed to Europe during the "Blues Boom" of the 60's, which is when this album was recorded – 1967 on the Decca record label – and decided to live permanently in Europe, first in Paris and later in Finland. * Musicians playing on this album include John Mayall, Tony McPhee, Peter Green, John McVie [Peter and John later known for their involvement with Fleetwood Mac] and Aynsley Dunbar – one of rock's most definitive drummers having played with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, the Jeff Beck Group, Frank Zappa, and Journey before joining Jefferson Starship for three albums. The album was produced by the legendary Mike Vernon.
CLIVE GREGSON & CHRISTINE COLLISTER
'Home And Away' CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* 'Home And Away' is a fans' favourite, recorded at an early acoustic gig, and comprises originals plus some covers and songs from Clive Gregson's Any Trouble days. * Gregson was the founder of Any Trouble, a pub-rock/new wave quartet, in Manchester in 1975. The band's sound and Gregson's songwriting and singing reminded some of Elvis Costello, and Any Trouble was signed by Stiff, Costello's label. * Clive's songs are even better known via subsequent covers: 'Home Is Where The Heart Is' [Fairport Convention], 'Touch And Go' [Kim Carnes] and others. The 2006 version of this album was remastered in Nashville by Clive, and includes sleeve notes by him plus previously unseen photos. * Gregson has had a high profile recently as guitarist with Nanci Griffith and writer of her radio hit 'I Love This Town'.
CLIVE GREGSON & CHRISTINE COLLISTER
'Mischief' CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* The first studio album from the seminal 80's folk-rock duo. * This UK/European expanded version includes 3 tracks that were never released on an album in Europe, plus a bonus alternative version of 'I Wouldn't Treat A Dog'. * As with other G&C reissues, this album has been re-mastered and re-artworked, and has exclusive live photos and sleeve notes by the band members. * Contains 13 Clive Gregson originals including 'We're Not Over Yet', as recorded by Mary Chapin Carpenter. * Tracks 1-14 made up the complete US/Japanese CD version of 'Mischief'. Tracks 2, 8 & 9 were originally released as the B-sides of the UK-only 12" single of 'Dog'; track 1 is a remix of the original UK version.
BUDDY GUY / OTIS RUSH / MAGIC SAM
'Snakebite' 2CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* Cobra Records was founded in 1956 by Eli Toscano a record shop owner in Chicago, sensibly he left all the creative decisions to his in house producer and writer Willie Dixon who had just left Chess Records. * Dixon then signed the three best second generation performers of the Chicago blues. Buddy Guy, Otis Rush and Magic Sam. * He wrote them some great songs and encouraged them to develop the single note guitar leads that distinguished their style * The result is some of the finest Chicago Blues ever recorded presented here on this 2 CD set.
'Sunrise In The Land Of Milk And Honey' CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* A brand new studio album, produced by David Barbe. * After the break up of Camper Van Beethoven back in 1988, David Lowery and Johnny Hickman put together Cracker which now have recorded and toured for over 17 years and made over 8 albums * Sunrise features some very special guests: Adam Duritz (Counting Crows), Patterson Hood (Drive By Truckers) and John Doe (X)
'This Is My Life' / 'Does Anyone Miss Me' 2-on-1 CD Release Date 04/05/2009
* Two late '60s albums from Dame Shirley. Both albums feature a mixture of standards, contemporary and show tunes.