* Scorpions and UFO giant Michael Schenker teams up with the legendary Gary Barden * The follow-up from his hugely successful album "In the Midst of Beauty" released last year * The first album from the Michael Schenker-Gary Barden Acoustic Project * Long-term collaborator, Gary Barden's vocals give the cleverly arranged songs just the touch of soul they need for full impact * With Michael Vetter, Schenker has an experienced producer, a second guitarist and a background vocalist on board, who delivers an outstanding performance * Kai Luennemann on percussion completes the team * An eclectic blend of songs and instruments: * The flamenco guitar with castanets in Dance Lady Gipsy conjures up a hot-blooded gipsy dancing * The fiddle and flutes in Fight For Freedom transport you to beautiful Ireland * The strings form just the right counterpart to Michael's guitar in the wonderful ballad All Of My Life * The mouth organ in Can't Live On Love Alone gives it a hint of the blues
When British groups were being introduced to the world back in the Sixties, their albums were often presented in different formats from the original UK release. The Yardbirds first studio album 'The Yardbirds' (aka 'Roger The Engineer') was released in Canada as 'Over Under Sideways Down', in recognition of the album's biggest hit track. This Digipak CD reproduces the Canadian edition, complete with its own distinctive LP cover that differs from other Repertoire versions. The real highlight is the music, with Jeff Beck playing lead guitar on powerful numbers like 'The Nazz Are Blue'. Hit song 'Shapes Of Things' is included on a track list that was specially amended for the Canadian LP and makes this a real collector's item. * This classic 60s album is now available in Digipak format, featuring the RARE CANADIAN COVER on the front (different front cover than the other Repertoire releases – alternative international LP covers are featured inside the poster). * Includes Single CD (WITH THE TRACK ORDER AS THE ORIGINAL CANADIAN RELEASE). * Poster with authoritative and extensive liner notes – including an exclusive interview with Chris Dreja of the Yardbirds – and reminiscences of the era of the album and the group in its heyday by respected author and journalist Chris Welch. * Expertly re-mastered – superb sound. The best in the business.
Hooteroll is Jerry Garcia's first non-Grateful Dead album * Includes a seven-piece band, implementing organs, sax and trumpet along with the rock standards of guitars, bass and drums * Displays his mastery of the electric guitar, and Howard Wales' tricky keyboard work * Album is reminiscent of the live gigs the duo used to perform at local clubs in the late 1960s where they adopted an "anything goes" and "no expectations" mentality * Musicians: o Jerry Garcia (electric guitar) Curly Cook (rhythm guitar) o Howard Wales (organ, piano) Bill Vitt & Michael Marinelli (drums) o John Kahn (bass) Ken Balzall (trumpet) o Martin Fierro (sax/flute) * Garcia performed with The Grateful Dead for their entire thirty year career (1965-1995) * Participated in a variety of side projects, including the Jerry Garcia Band, Old and in the Way, the Garcia/Grisman acoustic duo, and Legion of Mary * Co-founded the New Riders of the Purple Sage with John Dawson and David Nelson * Released several solo albums and contributed to a number of albums by other artists over the years as a session musician
After Dave Mason recorded his song On and On in 1971, Ned Doheny became the very first artist signed to David Geffen's Asylum Records label. And, though he didn't meet with the commercial success of label-mates Joni Mitchell and Jackson Browne (Geffen's batting average was to improve with age), he did lay down this memorable album with such stellar sidemen as Graham Nash and Don Menza. Long, long out of print, this album appears here with notes by Richie Unterberger that explore Doheny's place in the fertile SoCal singer-songwriter scene.
The music of rock band, Queen, has been given a classical twist by world-renowned classical guitarist Carlos Bonell. The breathtaking new album also features the Lara Symphony Orchestra and Youth Choir from Venezuela, graduates of the pioneering 'El Sistema' programme that helps deprived children train as classical musicians. Featuring 17 Queen songs ranging from solo guitar pieces to unique arrangements for guitar, orchestra and choir, this vibrant music has been described by Brian May as, "absolutely exquisite". Queen Guitar Rhapsodies adds to Carlos' extensive recordings, from Hollywood film soundtracks and classical recordings with some of the world's leading orchestras to a Grammy nominated piece with John Williams. David Young, the album's executive producer, conceived the idea whilst working as a guitarist in the West End Queen musical, 'We Will Rock You'. Having arranged 20 Queen songs for solo classical guitar, David brought in arranger, Gary Hind, to create the orchestrations and to adapt the guitar parts to the orchestral arrangements.
* Features rare footage, exclusive archive material, interviews with the band and those who've known them best, contributions from the finest Rock writers and journalists around, location shoots, seldom seen photographs and a host of other features * EXTRAS include Digital Photo Gallery, Interactive Discography, Extended Interviews and more * The band are currently working on a new album set for mid year release * Linkin Park's last album 'Minutes To Midnight' has sold six and a half million copies since its release. In the UK chart it flew to the number 1 spot in the albums charts and has hit platinum sales status * Linkin Park are set to headline the new festival 'Sonisfere' in the UK Having left most of their original Nu-Metal contemporaries behind many years back, Linkin Park have maintained their position as one of the finest and most successful rock bands ever by continuously experimenting, regularly pushing boundaries and always remaining hungry for the prize – mix in a whole barrow load of talent and the formula is complete. This 2 DVD set tells the complete story of Linkin Park from their earliest days in California struggling to find a record deal, through one success after another to culminate with their position today as a first class rock band, up there with the very finest the world has to offer.
* Bob Dylan plays seven dates in the UK in late April and throughout May 2009 – including his first ever show at London's O2 Arena on 25th April * Dylan's hugely anticipated new album is all but confirmed for release in May this year. The word from those who have heard the record is very positive This classic Dylan documentary is now available as a limited edition 2 disc set. Includes the original film, which tells the story of Bob Dylan in the late 1970s and through the 1980s, his most controversial decade. Featuring much rare archive footage of Dylan in concert and performing some of his best tracks from this era, and including exclusive interviews with producers, musicians and associates who worked with him throughout the period. Also features a second disc containing over an hour of incredible audio interviews with Dylan, during which he speaks candidly and openly about his conversion to Christianity, his feelings about the criticism he received and the enlightenment this change of faith had brought him. All at once this package is a window into the music, thoughts and life of Bob Dylan between 1978's Christian album Slow Train Coming and 1989's return to form, Oh Mercy.
* EXTRAS include Digital Discography and Interactive Britney Challenge * Britney's recent new album 'Circus' has been a big smash and seen the pop princess reclaim her position at the top of the charts * Nine concert dates at the London O2 Arena are planned for June, while she will also play the evening news arena in Manchester just afterwards * Britney has just released a new fragrance 'Hidden Fantasy' This 2 DVD set celebrates Britney's entire working life as it features interviews with the girl herself and those who know her best, archive footage from all eras of her career, rare photographs and film, much from private collections, location shoots and news reports and a host of other features, making this the most enthralling and entertaining documentary film yet on the life of Britney Spears.
CANNIBAL CORPSE RE-ISSUED ON VINYL
* Full servicing to all relevant media * Limited edition 180 gram grey collectors vinyl 180 GRAM GREY COLLECTORS VINYL REISSUE OF THIS CLASSIC OF DEATH METAL FANTASTIC 180 GRAM GATEFOLD WHITE VINYL RE-ISSUE OF THIS CLASSIC OF AMERICAN DEATH METAL
* 100% unreleased cover versions – 32 tracks in total! * features all DEPECHE MODE classics on one sampler * includes reinterpretations by LEAETHER STRIP, FRONT 242 singer, KOMOR KOMMANDO, AYRIA, I:SCINTILLA, 32CRASH, PLASTIC NOISE EXPERIENCE and many more! * mastering by Sebastian R. Komor (KOMOR KOMMANDO) * compiled by DEPECHE MODE fans for DEPECHE MODE fans 20 years ago the UK outfit Depeche Mode unleashed what was to become a huge milestone in modern electropop, the heavily praised "Violator" album. Many, if not most of all electro acts have since then taken that precise album as the guideline when it came to quality control of their work. The meticulous production by sound genius Alan Wilder, the emotional yet very strong song writing of Martin Lee Gore and the powerful vocals by the band's charismatic frontman Dave Gahan. They were the perfect sonic trinity. 20 years later, the band is still alive and kicking though it lost in the meantime Alan Wilder who designed and shaped the popular sound for which Depeche Mode is known for today. Nevertheless, songwriting wonderboy Martin Lee Gore kept on delivering pop pearls such as "It's no good", "Freelove", "Precious", "Lilian" and many more. On "Alfa Matrix Re:covered – a tribute to Depeche Mode" we have united the strong electronic sounds from the Alfa Matrix label artists with some of the best songs pop history has ever heard from one single band. All electronic music genres have their very own ambassadors on this double CD compilation. Compiled by and for Depeche Mode fans, "Alfa Matrix Re:covered – a tribute to Depeche Mode" will offer you a very own insight in what makes the Depeche Mode songs so special. Enjoy these interpretations and re-discover the beauty of all those classic Depeche Mode songs re:covered by the Alfa Matrix stable.
* LIVE DOUBLE DVD DOCUMENTING LEGENDARY INDUSTRIAL GROUP MINISTRY'S FINAL TOUR!! * DVD 1 features performances from Ministry's Final World Tour, "C U LaTouR 2008," recorded over the course of the band's 75-city global farewell jaunt which kicked off March 25, 2008 in Spokane, WA and concluded with two final sell-out shows in Dublin, Ireland on July 19, 2008. * DVD 2 is a rocumentary of the tour entitled "Fuchi Requiem", featuring candid footage that follows the band from rehearsals throughout the entirety of its C U LaTouR, with additional on-camera interviews with the band and crew. * UK PR worked by Darren Toms (Candlelight etc.) * Expect features/reviews in CLASSIC ROCK, METAL HAMMER, KERRANG, ROCKSOUND and more Although Al Jourgensen has said adios to Ministry, YOU don't ever have to really say good-bye to the legendary Industrial rock band, thanks to Jourgensen's indie imprint 13th Planet Records. After the release of "Adios… Puta Madres" (Live-CD) in March, 2009, 13th. Planet will release the double DVD "Adios…Puta Madres" in May. Ministry's all-star line-up for the 2008 "C U LaTouR" featured Ministry's founder Jourgensen joined onstage by guitarists Tommy Victor (Prong) and Sin Quirin (Revolting Cocks), keyboardist John Bechdel (Prong, AoTW, False Icons), Static X's Tony Campos on bass, drummer AAron Rossi (Prong), and Fear Factory/Ascension of the Watchers vocalist Burton C. Bell as Special Featured Guest. Most of the performing musicians in the Ministry line-up for the final tour are also recording artists on Jourgensen's 13th Planet Records.